10 things to do in Toowoomba this weekend
2. Blacksmithing beginners Workshop
LEARN the basics of blacksmithing and create your own set of blacksmithing tools, including a coal chisel, hot cutter, round punch, oval punch, centre punch and tongs at the Cobb and Co Museum this weekend.
As well as your tools, you will take away the basic skills of blacksmithing, including operating a forge and using the tools and anvil.
After completing this workshop, you are eligible to participate in the Blacksmithing Advanced Workshop and project workshops.
The course will be held at Cobb and Co over Saturday and Sunday from 8am-4pm.
Book via 4659.4900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Quilt exhibition and market
THE Quilt Exhibition and Boutique Market brings you a beautiful display of local talent, including quilts, embroidery, patchwork, cross stitch, and knitting, with a vintage wedding gown on display and boutique market stalls to buy from.
It's a Wonderful Fuel
- When my brother started blacksmithing six years ago, I had never seen such a magical process. Bending After a few alarming seconds in which my brother's ears caught rumor of the coal flare, he turned swiftly round and scrambled to my side. His
- metallurgical coal. Without them, it wasn't possible to run the large mills needed to forge enough iron and steel for things like bridges . . . or cars or airplanes or skyscrapers, for that matter. Remember your high school buddy, Abe Darby? Well
- It was always a broken-down place, with soot and coal dust from the forge. The tin signs on the walls advertised products and pointed directions, but they also covered holes. Its location had been just a piece of open farmland along Woburn Street when