10 things to do in Toowoomba this weekend
2. Blacksmithing beginners Workshop
LEARN the basics of blacksmithing and create your own set of blacksmithing tools, including a coal chisel, hot cutter, round punch, oval punch, centre punch and tongs at the Cobb and Co Museum this weekend.
As well as your tools, you will take away the basic skills of blacksmithing, including operating a forge and using the tools and anvil.
After completing this workshop, you are eligible to participate in the Blacksmithing Advanced Workshop and project workshops.
The course will be held at Cobb and Co over Saturday and Sunday from 8am-4pm.
Book via 4659.4900 or email@example.com.
3. Quilt exhibition and market
THE Quilt Exhibition and Boutique Market brings you a beautiful display of local talent, including quilts, embroidery, patchwork, cross stitch, and knitting, with a vintage wedding gown on display and boutique market stalls to buy from.
Blacksmith Forge Made From the Bathroom Sink
- Six days a week, John Austin Ellsworth fires up his forge and gets to work in a profession the modern era has largely let slip by: blacksmithing. Ellsworth, 63 To fuel the fire he heats his metal with, Ellsworth pushes soft coal and coke into the
- The sweltering heat had finally moved on and Giant Tick season was coming to a close (not kidding, they are HUGE here), when I decided to fire up my hacked together blacksmith forge made out of an old bathroom sink and aquarium stand. In the age-old
- Those opportunities would have been such things as a blacksmith forge to repair wagons, etc. Trading With the advent of oil heating around the 1920's, the use of coal was eliminated and the need for chimney pots and fireplaces started to become