This rolled flank steak will impress even the pickiest guests
1 (2 pound) flank steak
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoon Monterey steak seasoning
2 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
4 thick bacon slices
1/2 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup cremini mushrooms
1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1/2 cup chopped onion
1. Place flank steak on a cutting board with the short end facing you. Starting from the long sides, cut through the meat horizontally to within 1/2 inch of the opposite edge.
2. Combine the oil, soy sauce, and steak seasoning in a 1-gallon zip-top plastic freezer bag. Add the steak, zip the bag shut, and squeeze to coat the steak. Marinate in the refrigerator four hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking pan. Use a cast iron Dutch oven if available.
4. Lay out the flank steak flat with the grain of the meat running from left to right. Spread the garlic evenly over the meat and sprinkle with steak seasoning to taste. Layer the provolone over the steak leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Arrange the bacon, spinach, mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion over the cheese in strips running the same way as the grain of the meat. Roll the flank steak up and away from you so that when the roll is cut into the pinwheel shape, each of the filling ingredients can be seen; roll firmly, but be careful not to squeeze the fillings out the ends. Once rolled, tie with kitchen string, securing at 2-inch intervals.
Amazon Expands Prime Music Selection: Hundreds of Thousands of Songs and ...
- There will be food, entertainment by Karl Bell, pontoon rides, silent auction, raffle and more to benefit Hands of Faith. For more information, call 608-363-0683. BECKMAN MILL is open from 1-4 p.m. at . WELTY ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER Summer Harvest Cast
- John Mayer's Top Songs For a candlelit dinner or beers on the porch, Mayer's mellow tunes suit romance or bromance. Dave Brubeck Iron & Wine's Top Songs Curl up to the cozy folk sound and inventive songwriting of Sam Beam. Jaheim and . Phillips
- There will be food, entertainment by Karl Bell, pontoon rides, silent auction, raffle and more to benefit Hands of Faith. For more information, call 608-363-0683. BECKMAN MILL is open from 1-4 p.m. at WELTY ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER Summer Harvest Cast